Sunday, February 27, 2022

End of February check in

 I had a few more multi-day stretches of none scraping than I prefer but made up for it with the crop. Still above goal on my page count and there’s always next month to try and get back to daily crafting.


I also have another scout layout to share based on sketch #18 from scrap a sketch


and I'm playing along with the  Love our stash challenge at Lasting Memories:

 "Stickers" - Sticker sheets, sticker books, puffy stickers, chipboard stickers - use some stickers on your layout!


I used the Simple Stories "I AM" papers and mixed them with two different sets of fall-themed stickers
 I love all the dimensions and texture of mixing chipboard stickers with regular stickers.  I popped up a few of the stickers of foam too



The tag is actually the bottom half of a die-cut that I snipped the decorative flower pattern off.  Flipped it upside down and punched the whole.  Perfect color match to the paper while giving it a masculine makeover.  I really struggled with embellishments at first as I was trying to use the embellishments from the kit.  Unfortunately, they had a more feminine and spiritual feel that didn't jib with the subject of the layout. I honestly paired the photos and paper based on the plaid print and the night colors of the photo.


so glad I decided to dig through my cast-offs one more time to pull out these fun stickers.  I find I go through the coordinating papers for the kits faster than I use the multitude of stickers that come with it.  Anyway, I like how it turned out.  Thanks for stopping by to take a peek


3 comments:

  1. Great work with the sketch and wtg using your stickers too! Thanks so much for your entry at Lasting Memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the sketch and the use of all those stickers, thanks for joining in this week Haven at the Lasting Memories challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous clusters with all your different kinds of stickers! Well done! Love the design of your layout too! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!

    ReplyDelete