Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Stick it down and LM #588 Halloween




I tweaked it a bit to work with the last bits of  CM Pumpkin spice papers that I had. The stripes are close to the sketch but I had to get creative to cover the whole thing (there may or may not be a small gap in the plaid paper but it's covered by the 4x4 paper)  Only leftovers I had were stickers which is surprising as I used a bunch.  On a roll with Lasting Memories #588 Love your Stash- "stickers"- sticker sheets, sticker books, puffy and chipboard too. I finished off two of the three sheets of stickers from the collection. 

I added the border strip at the bottom instead of the banner on the top corner and used a fussy cut photo instead of a die-cut element on the bottom.  A smattering of themed stickers, some of which are popped up on my new foam tape and some journaling for the right-hand side of the layout.


I continued the pumpkin border across the bottom photo to take up the dead space of the parking lot without losing the impact of the long line of cars.  The troop hosted so many families with their drive-thru treating that the line backed up onto the road.  Since I moved the journaling to the other side of the layout I used a sprinkling of phrase stickers down the side of the layout.

Glad I got to play along with both of the awesome challenges and to have another scout layout done.  

 

9 comments:

  1. Love this layout the colour choice is great and great use of your sticker stash. Thanks Haven for joining us again at Lasting Memories Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all the Halloween stickers!! Thanks so much for your entry at Lasting Memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how CUTE! I love the "cut-out" pumpkin--clever! Your papers and embellishments are all perfect for your Halloween theme pages. Thank you for joining Stick It Down--Sharon DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great take on the double page layout! Lovin' all the fun Halloween embellishments and the Pikachu pumpkin! Thanks for playing along with us this month @ Stick it Down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did an amazing job tweaking the sketch.....and a big kudos for using scraps! Great job with sticker placement also!
    Thanks for playing along with our double page sketch this month at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love your layout! Great use of the sticker challenge and using up a line of paper! Feels great doesn’t it? Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done! Yes it always feels good to get more pages done! Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the sketch. Love the Halloween theme. Thanks for entering over at Stick it down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you put the "scrap" back into scrapbooking ;-) I love what you did with the sketch, and I love the collection you chose to document your memories! Thanks for scrapping along with us at Stick It Down!

    ReplyDelete