This weeks challenge is to add pockets to your layout. I had a hard time coming up with a good pocket as I just used a photo sleeve pocket on the last layout and I didn't want to revisit the pocket I created to hold brochures and maps for my 15th anniversary trip. So this is what I came up with using CM Halloween paper pack, home made texture paste and February sketch with a twist.
I added a few more photos and left out the burst in favor of my journal pocket.
To create the pocket effect I fussy cut the photo of us dressed up and adhered it to the raised banner behind the photo, then added a few more foam dots to the journal tag to make my ragged faux pocket.
First attempt at making my own texture paste.
I couldn't wait for it to dry so I used a heat gun to set it, which caused my whole room to smell of warm baby powder. I found a great D.I.Y video on you tube that uses one part talc powder, one part paint and half part glue. I applied it over some hand cut chevrons that I peeled off after the paste dried. I also tried splattering the paste on the layout.