Monday, February 7, 2022

White Christmas…Almost

Significant snowfall in the Willamette Valley is not super common, especially on Christmas.  We got two days' worth of snow starting on December 26th and carrying on into the next day.  Beautiful but a lot of work as I was out in the greenhouse/ caterpillar tunnel every couple of hours poking at the roof with a broom to keep the snow from accumulating and crushing through the plastic sheeting.
I overworked my pectoral muscles and ended up with costochondritis ( inflammation of the cartilage between the sternum and the rib cage).  I'm still recovering and have just started running again as deep breathing was painful for the last few weeks.
Here's the sketch I used

This is the first go at the sketch

I wasn't sure if I wanted to add a snowflake on top of the patterned paper, but after a few days sitting out in my scrap space I decided to take the dive and add more details


I used navy blue card stock that is similar in color to the second layer of some of the background circles.  Topped it all off with some rhinestones for some extra sparkle

Thanks for stopping by to take a peak

 

No comments:

Post a Comment