Sunday, June 6, 2021

LM #551 Frame your photo


 It's time for Lasting Memories' second challenge of the month. For the month of June, LM is doing all about photos for inspiration challenges- This time Frame your photo.

I went with the literal frame with a twist.  I had two sets of die-punched frames stars and buttons that I have had in my stash forever, so I stacked the middle section of the frames one on top of the other so that the middle portion would have the same width of the border as the top/ bottom and sides of the frame.   Then I stitched a frame just inside of the outer edge of the frame to give it the look of a single frame.  I placed the stars and buttons to camouflage the joints.

Frame close up

Stitching detail on the stars and buttons.  The thread makes the button look real with the added dimension.

Thanks for stopping by and make sure to check out Lasting Memories #551 frame your photo

2 comments:

  1. I love how you “Framed” your photos...the stars are awesome too! Thanks for being a Guest Designer at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stars and all your stitching! Thanks so much for your entry at Lasting Memories! :)

    ReplyDelete