Thursday, June 17, 2021

Urban Orienteering

 I'm finally back to creating after the big move downstairs to the front foyer.  My youngest daughter finally got her wish of having her own room, so I gave up the guest room/ scrap space I acquired in January 2020 when the eldest daughter moved out.  My multi-photo layout is based on Stick it down double-page sketch.

I used more photos than the sketch called for as I had several I wanted to use to document my son's scouting adventure.  We did a family urban orienteering course that I put together to help him with his compass skills requirement for first class. Junction City, Oregon has some neat historical buildings and some amazing gardens to explore.  





I numbered the photos on the right-hand side of the layout and then have the key on the left-hand side below the journaling.

I have almost used up the last of my Creative Memories NSD 2019 papers and embellishments.  I even managed to work in the border from the make and take station at the NSD event.  I'm not much of a border maker kind of girl so this was huge, especially since it was pre-made.

Below are some photos of my new space by the front door


The shelf under my work table is the bottom half of a DVD rack that we altered in another household update.  Love that I could upcycle the piece and not spend much money on the new setup.  I scored with the garage sale find of the two bookcases for $30 and they are solid wood.   


The last share is my mid-month check-in for #2021goals.
I've only missed a few days, not too bad with summer track and a move

Thanks for stopping by and make sure to check out Stick it down as well as Lasting memories multi-photo challenge

5 comments:

  1. Great work with the sketch and really love the punched border! Thanks so much for your entry at Lasting Memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layout and so many photos! Well done! Love your new creating space as well. I too moved my creative space many times over the years because that’s what Moms do! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love your distressing and trim work. Your title is perfect too. Thanks for joining us at Stick it down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout, I love your take on the sketch, and how you included your personal style with the florals and scalloped details! Thanks for scrapping along with us at stick it down this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout! Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete