Sunday, June 13, 2021

Shaped photos with lasting memories

  It's time for Lasting Memories' third challenge of the month. For the month of June, LM is doing all about photos for inspiration challenges-Use at least one photo on your layout that's a shape other than a rectangle or square (i.e. circle, oval, triangle, hexagon). I’m still working my way through my son’s scout photos and thought it would be fun to do a thematic shape to document his fishing merit badge. I used this cute file from COAPA as the starting point 




and then cut larger plain fish on my circut to frame my photos. I altered the smaller one so that I could have Eric's fishing pole and part of the pond inside the fish.  I hide that I cut and flipped the arc by adding stitching to the fish outline.


I love the texture that the stitching and sequins add to the layout.  Almost like fish scales but not on the fish.
I stretched the cut file so the bobbers would be larger but it did distort the shape a little.  Same with the fish.

I've included some of the close-up shots so you can see the added detail of the sequins and sticthing.

The last little touch was added to the journal lines.  The white didn't show up well so I went over it with a few strokes of gold gel pen.



The entire background for the layout was created with shimerz sprays.

Thanks for stopping by and make sure to check out the challenge at lasting memories


1 comment:

  1. This is just adorable! Great inspiration for our followers! Well done!

    ReplyDelete