Friday, January 19, 2024

LM #684 sketch with a twist- use tags

 At Lasting Memories for January they are doing Sketches but with a Scrappy Twist. This week is the sketch below from Page Maps, and the scrappy twist is to use tags on your layout.  I struggled with this one as I didn't have a tag punch large enough to work with my photos and I just couldn't seem to hand-make them without it looking wonky. Instead, I used PL cards that I extended/ trimmed and rounded for the main focal point and then tucked in two smaller punched tags to still have the twist.  Hope you like it as much as I do.

I also only had two photos so I popped in a top ten card for my son and husband to fill in.  I do have more photos of the event but they are already in pocket pages in a separate album.  This layout goes in his Road to Eagle album as I am chronologically scrapping his scout achievements/ events


Thanks for stopping by to take a look


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous layout Haven, I love the colour palette that you used! Great embellishing! Thanks for sharing with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun layout! Love the rounded corners you used instead of the tags, and the diagonal paper is a great choice. Thanks for playing along with our January sketch challenges over at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete