Friday, January 30, 2015

two page layout from Stick it Down Janurary

Finally cleared off the Pine wood Derby mess on my craft table and got a layout done. 
Starting to get back into the crafty groove.  Yeah! 
 Doesn't hurt to have a little sketch help too. 
 I used this two page layout from Stick it Down as my inspiration
 
 
Here's my take
I stayed pretty true to the sketch only switching the direction of the flags/ banners on the lower right hand side of the layout and I used two photos aligned and matted as a single photo to fill the vertical photo in the sketch.
 
Left hand side of sketch.
broke out the paper stash.  The base orange and green are old Close to my heart paper from early 2000.  Mixed in some random Halloween Paper and Cm Hocus Pocus paper and die stickers.
Also busted out the leaves and rhinestones.

right hand side

The numeral stickers are thickers "bewitched"  totally appropriate for a pumpkin carving page.
 
Love the sparkle and texture the silk leaves add to the page and I'm using up the stack I have.
 
Thanks for taking a look and see you here again soon.




 

5 comments:

  1. I am impressed with all the photos you used. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! Super take on the sketch. I just love all the embellishments and how they are themed to the season. Thanks so much for joining us at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun! Love those leaves and you did an awesome job getting all of those pictures on your two page layout! Beautiful job! :) Thank you so much for joining us at Stick It Down! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great 2 page spread. Love the details. Wonderful job with the sketch. Thanks for playing at SID.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just fantastic!! An awesome take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Stick it Down!

    ReplyDelete