Saturday, January 17, 2015

Some pages...Finally

I got to head to the Mountains for a weekend scrap retreat.
Spent last Friday- Sunday at McKenzie River Mountain Resort. Just what I needed to jump start the scrapping again.  I cranked out over 112 pages.  Although 90 of them required little effort as they were mostly kids artwork and report cards that I stuck into there school albums.  Friday 3-11pm was spent on the 4 kids school albums.  ( Caught up and current for now).
Thought about trying to be the last one up for a shoot at my consultants special prize drawing, but only lasted till 1am.  Turns out the last ladies in the room stayed till 5:30am
 
Saturday and Sunday I spent on the other 12 pages.
 
Saturdays page count was 10 in 16hrs.  Not a great average as I was dealing with stupid Girl Scout cookie issues via text as well as having to have my daughters search the scrapbook I left at home to make sure I wasn't duplicating any pages.  That's what happens when you take a long break from scrapping.  Could have sworn I finished off 2012, but no just jumped from Summer to late Fall/ Christmas.  Probably because of the challenge class I did way back when as I usually scrap in chronological order.
 
So here is the first 4 that I did on retreat;
 
Page #1
Totally love the colors of the "Strut your Stuff" paper pack from CM

I mixed and matched a few elements from my spring scrap score from the local grange art sale.
The heart is a brad I picked up along with the pre threaded buttons. 

Used a little scrap paper from the pack to make the ribbons and found a spot for one last little photo from my daughters hike with her Great Aunt Diane.
 
Page#2
More of the Strut your stuff paper and a mix of embellies.
So glad I spent the early part of my morning sorting my stash as I almost forgot about the brads, buttons, flowers, felt and paper I had stashed in the cropper hopper case I scored this spring.
 
isn't that arrow fun.  Yup another brad from the spring stash

couple more buttons and cut paper
 
Page #3
The paper is also from the stash some sort of. 
   grunge/ rocker/ princess pack filled with paper and dies cuts

All the blue elements are die cuts from the pack
 
Page#4
you guessed it one more page with "strut your stuff"

The alpha are thicker " candy cane that I sanded leaving just the edge of color.
 
So that's it for now. 
 I'll work on the next round of 4 pages for another post as this one is getting rather long.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment