Monday, April 1, 2024

Sketch support


I really love Allison Davis sketches and this one was so fun I created a double page layout with it.  You can download the sketch for free here


To make my layout stretch across two pages I reversed the photo placement on the second page and changed the sizes to work with my subject.


The color palette was inspired by the baby dolls in the top left photo.  I thought it was a great twist on an otherwise masculine layout.  Added some sparkle embroidery floss sprinkled with snowflakes and rhinestones.


Left side is very similar to the sketch except for the double matting of the photos.


Close up of the floss.  Has a bit more shimmer than the photo


Right side- reverse of the left and different sized photos 


The double matting made the photos really thick and not layer nicely so I cut into the photo so the all laid the same.  Hid my imperfections with the holly stickers.  Couple daps of Nuevo drops th pull in a bit more black.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look 

No comments:

Post a Comment