Friday, August 13, 2021

S.I.T #480 OA Nominee

Hello I'm back with another scout layout using Sketches in Thyme #480
I used the base of the layout and altered it a bit to work with my theme and photo.
I've got to start with a little bragging on my son and myself

Eric was nominated to be an Arrowmen in the Order of the Arrow. It's a service organization within the BSA program.  Since his nomination and induction, he has gone on to lead other youth through the induction process even though he never had a traditional induction ceremony due to COVID.  Super proud of him.

Also pretty pleased with myself as well as I used a premade border on this layout.  My CM consultant had an open house at the end of July and I made the border at her make and take station.  I opted to use the cloud BMC instead of the flag banner border punch as I thought it was more versatile for my crafting and I used the B side of the United we stand paper pack for the same reason.  The original was much wider than what's on the layout but by deconstructing it to cut the banner down I was able to use the extras to build the layout.


Mixed and matched the embellishments to create the other elements in the layout.
The firework bursts/ star stickers are CM  in place of the 2.5x 3.75 element and the shield/ arrows are K and company in place of the circle element.  

Thanks for stopping by to take a peak

 

2 comments:

  1. It's such a great take on the sketch! I love the fireworks and arrows! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketches in Thyme! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mix of papers, great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme :)

    ReplyDelete