Sunday, October 2, 2016

Fall colors Challenge at Lasting Memories

Welcome to a new challenge at Lasting Memories.  This month it's all about Fall and we are starting with a Color Challenge - Burnt Oranges, browns and deep reds.
Neutrals are okay to use as well

I even snuck in a bit of blues as I knew I wanted to add the patch from my Student conservation project on my layout.  Otherwise I held to the specified color theme by going with a craft background, maroon, dark brown and orange papers.  Most of which came from my Creative Memories stash of a year to remember line.
 

I used this awesome sketch from scrap -n- sketch for my starting inspiration.  A little bit of tweaking to make it work with my photos as well as dropping of the large title since I didn't have room as I used the patch from the program.
 

The fun thing about my layout is that I worked on the SCA trail crew from July to mid August.  Not really in the fall but the colors worked well as it has an earthy feel and my crew shirt just happened to be maroon.  So don't feel limited by the colors to go with a traditional fall layout.  Can't wait to see what you come up with

No comments:

Post a Comment