Thursday, October 10, 2013

Embellishment challenge at Big PIcture

Got another two layouts done for the class/ challenge at Big Picture
 
For the Left brain embellishment challenge is to use visual triangles and odd number of embellishments on a layout. This is not new to me as I try to get in a visual triangle of some sort on most of my layouts.   On this layout I did visual triangles with both color and embellishments.
I used a scrap piece of yellow under the corner of my 4X6 photo in the upper right, then at the lower left I have the same paper as a banner which ties into the color and circular shape of the tube slide in the upper two photos on the left.  I also did a triangle with the cast of Hexagons from my border punch.  Popped them up on pop dots and stuck hearts on them.
There are actually 5 hearts in the layout and they came from the I in the title.
So I have 3 sets of odd embellishments- 3 pennants, 3 aqua hexagons and 5 hearts

 
 
For the right Brian challenge we had to build a photo foundation, then add a layer of paint and several stripes of washi tape directly to the photos.
I love this challenge the most so far as I haven't painted directly on a photo till now.  I even added a nice thick coat around the edges of the layout and into the opposite corners as well.
Washi tape no problem as I've done that before.
Totally love the hazy effect the paint gives to a rather angular layout.
I did carry over the visual triangle from the left challenge.  Can you see it?  Yup I used the photos looking down at the bark to make the triangle to more the eye around the page.  otherwise It might have been too much blue in the background.

I used washi tape with lots of red in it to complement the photos.
Also carrying over the odd numbers of embellishments from the left brain challenge as I used 3 stripes of washi

 
Now to finish the product challenge and I'll be done with the class
 
I hit the half way point in the stash busting challenge that some of my DT sisters started 25 & 26 / 50.
Some are doing better then others in not being tempted to buy new things.  I decided to reward myself for getting half way through with a new cricut cartridge.  My Creative memories consultant had  a CM exclusive total sports cartridge.  I didn't think I wanted it till I saw the fonts and extras.  My kids don't do sports, just scouts.  Anyway with CM bankruptcy and not knowing if the company will ever partner with cricut again I decided to get it.
 
I figure a reward system is going to keep me motivated to finish.  Now to get 24 more done so I can get either art booking or edge to edge cartridge
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Great layouts. Love the cheery yellow in the top layout and the choice of washi in the bottom one.

    ReplyDelete