Monday, October 7, 2013

Design challenge for Big Picture class

I'm on a roll.  The last challenge posted today at big picture and I only have two more challenges to go before class closes on the 9th. 
 
Left brain design challenge is to use the provided sketch to create a layout with one larger image and numerous smaller, supplementary photos
 
I stayed fairly close to the sketch as I did my smaller photos about a quarter inch larger then the sketch.  Other then that and a couple of embellishments it's right on.

For the side bar I used  close up photos of Aunt Diane with her finished afghan as well as mounted the photos to give them more weight.  The journal tag reads " Aunt Diane's Afghan- this beautiful blanket was started by Diane when she retired.  It was put aside during cancer treatments, but is finally finished in May 2012" 

I added a few embellishments to the bottom corner to hide that I had to patch pieces of scrap together.
 
 
For the right brain challenge is to design a layout that uses at least three different shapes without making a visual mess.   I used a creative scrapper sketch for some inspiration and then added to it.
The original sketch is from Creative scrapper sketch volume  #1 and is intended for a vertical 4X6 photo.  Here's a sneak peek
Circles, stars and rectangles, but you'll have to come back because
I  am saving  full view of the right brain layout for my lasting memories layout this coming Sunday. .
Now onto starting and finishing the product and embellishment challenges
 
This is 23/50 in my DT sister scrap busting challenge.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment