Saturday, March 30, 2013

Old Fashion Photos

This weeks challenge at lasting memories is to use old fashion photos. 

I've been working on my Dad's photo album and have already done his baby pictures so this one is the next oldest in the stack.  It's a school photo from the early 1950's, but if you don't have any old photos you can always take an up to date picture and  turn it sepia or black and white.
The background paper was a little bright so I misted it to get a more faded look.
 Then used a second darker blue mist on the heart dollie which double as a mask and embellishment.

Distressed and inked all the edges of the mats
 and crumpled the banner to get a softer, worn feel to the layout

I did do some modernizing with the rhinestone bling, metal face plate and chip board arrow.
The thicker stickers were candy cane, but I sanded them and inked them with walnut distress ink

If you like this layout you should check out Creative scrapper Sketch book volume #2
Got to say it really helped having a sketch to follow as I spent most of the day outside in the garden working away and didn't have much time tonight to put my layout together
Hope you can join us this week at lasting memories and stay tuned for the DT announcement

3 comments:

  1. oooh perfect Haven....
    Lovely pic of your Dad as a boy!!
    Great little embellie cluster, all fits perfectly!
    Thanks for sharing.. Toni.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Haven this is awesome! All of my Dad's photos of when he was a kid was lost in a flood, so sad. But love your idea of making a book about yours!

    ReplyDelete