Monday, December 24, 2012

All about 2013 at Use It Tuesday



It's time for a new challenge at Use it Tuesday
 This time we're pulling out our scraps and stash to make creations that are all about
 2013
 If you're not familiar with Use it Tuesday, their mission is to get crafty people using what they already have. So show us your layouts, cards, and altered art for this fun challenge

I almost didn't get this one done as I've been busy working on the girls bedroom.  paint and floor are done, Furniture is in and now just working on the final touches.
I'll have to post pictures of the finished room after they get there new lamps for Christmas.  Then we'll be done other then figuring out bulletin or message/ memory board to display artwork
 
I was feeling so guilty and a little upset that I was letting the team down on my final post of the term that I quickly put this together from my stash. 
So glad I did. 
 Feeling much more creative and scrappy (happy)
Everything except for the mist is from my stash.  I 'm still in the trail phase of misting. 
This is my first attempt at using a mask.  Large circle not so bad, now to try something more detailed

The stickers are Creative memories new years collection from a while back. 
I think I got them as an open house gift from my consultant about three years ago

The orange paper is from  CM candy shop collection, also several years old as there are at least three new color lines since this one.  Well at least I think so.  The green is more of the New years stickers cut up and popped up on foam.  I backed them with some of the orange so the wouldn't stick to anything, but you can kind of see a little of it like I meant to edge it.  Happy accident in my rush to get the project done.

I also finally tried colored staples.  I can't really tell that they are blue, oh well
The thicker stickers I bought two years ago at big lots.  Totally love finding cheap thickers there.  Just picked up Elf thickers that I used on my Santa is Coming post.
The bling is also years old.  Not sure how many, but definitely old

Now it's your turn to create a layout, card or altered art project as long as you use items from your stash .
  Just remember to list what items you used from your stash.

Hope you enjoy my creation and look forward to seeing what you create
Please link your creation using Inlinkz by Friday  Jan 4th. No blog? No problem! Just use keyword USE046 when uploading to an online gallery and leave us a direct link so we can find your creation.
Please make sure to mention you are playing along with us at Use It Tuesday  (a link is great too!)

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you ended up having time to put together a great new year's themed layout :) I'm loving the clock and the stapled flags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great project, love that clock!
    Thanks for the great time together on the UIT DT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to use up your stash, glad you joined us this month and now you have a nice clock to show for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea! I think the misting looks great :)

    ReplyDelete