Friday, February 5, 2016

fun with son update

I had a chance to do some updates to the Fun with son pages.
I added the wood badge for my sons nature detective that he's receiving in the photos.
I also left lots of room for the boys to write all about earning the detective badge too.
 
 

This is a color copy of the badge as the real thing is 1/4 thick.  I mounted the copy on cardstock and popped it up on foam squares to give it some dimension.  The ribbon is crepe paper as I didn't have red ribbon and using regular paper to create the ribbon just wouldn't look right
 

For the last page documenting camp I created a pocket for the camp map. I used an 8 1/2 x 11 page protector cut down and fused it closed on one side with my food vacuum sealer. 
Quick and easy custom pocket


I also highlighted the unit name on the map which you can just see in the lower left corner.
I did cut the edge of the map on one side so that when it was folded the full name of Camp Baker was visible.  I deliberately didn't center it under the photo as I didn't want to cover the flor de lis.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment