Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Process- BP right/left brain challenge

Okay so here I go on the second challenge for Big Picture. 
 This time around it's all about creative process. 
Our  left brain challenge from Jennifer was to create a page using 2 star photos in a divider page. 
 If you've been following me since the end of august you'll know that I'm also doing a 50  layout challenge in which I can't spend money on scrap supplies. So what to do.  I mimicked the feel of pocket pages by dividing my photos into columns, using journal tags, and keeping the embellishments to a minimum
 
Now for the right brain challenge by Stacey.
We were supposed to pick a story  and build a layout around it and wait to the end of the creative process to come up with a title. We were also encouraged to create a pocket to put in last minute finds or other things that went along with the story, but do not need to be front and center
I really struggled with this challenge as I like to scrap chronologically and I usually have a title well before the end.  So I cheated a little.  I know that after I did the 4th of July layout that I really wanted to use the tractor photos of my son and his grandfather.  Now for the story.  My son is the 3rd generation to ride on the tractor and soon we'll be living out on the farm too.  So I'm sure that he'll be driving it before long.  Thus the title
I did add a pocket under the title for the more intimate journaling about him being the 3rd generation of tractor drivers in the family
 

the other problem with titling at the end is coming up with a space for it.
I altered red thickers by sanding and painting.  Didn't sand enough off on the K, but pleased with the overall results.
 
these are layouts 15 & 16 out of 50
   

No comments:

Post a Comment