Sunday, October 30, 2022

Halloween at UYS

  In honor of the spooky day Use Your Stuff, would like to see your Halloween or black/orange projects this go-round.  Anything having to do with Halloween or a project primarily in black and orange will do!  Be spooky, be cute, be sarcastic....most of all be fun and use up that stash!

My layout has nothing to do with Halloween at all but the Spring bonfire photos worked well with Black and Orange.

I'm also playing along with the Lasting Memories Sketch challenge.

I love Allison Davis's sketches.  I just did a 4x6 photo layout class so I was excited to see that LM choose Sketch Support #3 for this week's challenge.

 I did just the Left side and only used two photos but you can see the overall design.

Here's my take:


I pieced together some scraps to make the stripes that the photos sit on top of.  Great way to make my paper stretch as I'm getting to the midpoint of my Simple Stories "Take a Hike" kit.  I also threw in some Creative memories Halloween paper on the B side was the floral that I used to back the main photo.


Here are my tips for the split stripes:
1. Use pencil marks to measure a quarter inch shorter than the photo.  That way you have enough paper tucked under the photo and the line doesn't show
2. Use a ruler so that the top and bottom line up

Thanks for stopping by and make sure to join us at Use Your Stuff

3 comments:

  1. Great paper choices for the background strips! I agree, I love Allison's sketches! Thanks for sharing with us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black and orange with a bit of green is perfect for this bonfire page! I love it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips for using scraps! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!

    ReplyDelete