Monday, November 7, 2022

Ben's Birthday with LM sketch challenge

 I'm back on a creative roll.  It definitely helps that I still have page kits and pictures paired from the last retreat I attended.  I always get more materials together than I can work through in a long weekend.  Anyway, I put together a Birthday layout for my husband using the current sketch challenge at Lasting Memories.  Lori K has selected another Alison Davis Sketch that was perfect for my small bits of paper and photo.

Here's the sketch


I only had a little paper left from my TSR kit but almost a full 12x12 sticker page so this is what I did


Started off by staggering my stripes side to side with a little bit of overlap from top to bottom.  That way if my cuts were a little imprecise you wouldn't be able to tell.  In the end, most of the edges ended up covered by stickers so you can't tell but I liked to have options as I create.  As I mentioned before I had nearly a full sticker sheet so instead of die-cutting a bunch of shapes I used the themed stickers instead. Some are directly on the layout while others are popped up on foam to give added depth.

Since it's been a while since I've shared my tracker sheet I thought it would be good to add it too



Took most of August and September off to work on some building projects.  Not on target for 10 layouts a month but the retreat weekend will help with the year-end total.

Thanks for stopping by


3 comments:

  1. Haven - this is such a fun birthday layout! I love that you used the stickers instead of die-cutting something - it looks great! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layering of embellies! The stickers are just perfect! Great birthday layout! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories Layout Challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the sketch! Using a variety of embellishments in place of the stars was a great idea! Thanks for playing along with us at Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete