Sunday, March 12, 2017

Use your Stuff- dry embossing


Hi there, It's my turn to host the challenge at Use your Stuff.
If you're an avid paper crafter then chances are you have a bunch of embossing folder that you just had to have and now don't use.   This week we are asking you to break them out and create a project using dry embossing.  No folders no problem you can hand emboss with a stylus and stencil or just break out the pre embossed paper from your stash.
 
 
For my project I tried a technique I've see but never done.  I inked my sizzix wood grain folder from stampin up with distress ink then ran the paper through.  I love the end result as it almost looks like barn wood.

Pertty much everything on this card I've had in my stash for a long time.
The wood veneer "hi" is rubbed with blue chalk ink as well as the fabric ribbon. got the veneer in a pack from Michael's when wood phrases were just becoming hot.  The chalk is from the target dollar spot from 4yrs ago.   The adorable little bird is actually from a valentine card kit that I also picked up from target 2 years ago.  Bought it post holiday thinking the youngest would like making her own cards with them for next year.  Totally wrong.
 
The tiny flowers have been living in a cute glass jar for at least 10 yrs, so glad to use up a few more.
 
And there you have it my last creation for the Use your stuff team. 
I've had fun playing along with the challenges.  I'll probably pop in now and again as time allows as I'm coming up on my busy time of the year for scouts with trainings and camps
 
 
Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to join us at Use your Stuff

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic looking card haven :) It's been great having you on the team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card!! Love that it is a tree and that bird is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete