Tuesday, March 16, 2021

All about sketches with Lasting memories

 I'll be the first one to admit that I'm a sketch addict.  

I love everything about them: the speed that I can complete a layout, not having to come up with something on my own, some guidance but also the freedom to alter as needed.

I'm more than thrilled that lasting memories is focusing on sketch-based layouts this month.  This double-page spread was a fantastic way to showcase some of my hiking photos from this past September.

Here's the 6 photo sketch


and here is my adaptation


I actually have 7 photos on my layout as I wasn't sure about having such a large space to the left of my photos



Aside from the additional photo I played around with different placements for embellishment clusters and tried my hand at mixed media again.  I tinted my embellishment mousse with shimmerz  vibez "love ocean".  The color was a bit light for my liking and I bleed through the stencil where it transitioned from the circle to the paper stripe.  Multilevel of paper doesn't lend itself to smooth stenciling.  Got a little better on the left-hand page.  I also painted on additional "love ocean" to get a deeper tone once the mousse was dry.

Thanks for stopping by

3 comments:

  1. It's a wonderful take on the 2-page sketch! I love your background paper and perfect accents! Thanks so much for your entry at Lasting Memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic double page sketch! I love every single thing about it! I am so glad you are enjoying our challenges this month! Thanks so much for playing along with us! -Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous layout Haven. I agree with you that there was extra space on the left side. Love your papers and embellishments once again, they just make your photos pop! Thanks for playing along with Lasting Memories!

    ReplyDelete