Sunday, December 18, 2016

2016 anything goes at lasting memories

Welcome to the last challenge of the year at lasting memories.
 We've been doing a best of 2016  highlighting our favorite and most popular challenges.  There's still plenty of time to play along with us so let me recap what's happened so far this month.
Glitter and Glam, use only one photo,  use only four photos and our current challenge which is anything goes with photos from 2016

I chose photos from July
My husband and I were invited to attend a fundraiser dinner for the Viking Sal Senior center.
We had a wonderful sampling of New Orleans style foods and wine at Walnut Ridge Vineyard

I based my layout on this amazing sketch from Kristine Davidson- Creative Scrapper Sketch Vol.4 
 
and here's my layout

 I used the table place card as my journaling block.
It has all the yummy foods we sampled listed on it.
Let me make your mouth water as the names don't do the food justice
 
The shrimp cocktail was a jumbo Shrimp with pickled okra and watermelon chunks severed with a fried cheese straw accompanied by a complimentary glass of wine
Main course was Creole Chicken Fricassee atop homemade grits cake with fresh grilled veggies
dessert was the best though as we had New Orleans bread pudding with Praline rum sauce. 
So good
 
Don't those photos look yummy

Picture of us and the photo below is a Walnut, thus the name of the vineyard
 
I had a lot of fun putting this together with my July TSR "Fancy Pants-Good Fellows"
It's a very masculine line but the colors were perfect for the layout.  I used the enamel dots and wood veneer "this great day" from the kit.  The twine is from my stash. 
I still have a few bits of paper and a bunch of embellishments left, so I might be making a father's day card with left overs.
 
Thanks for stopping by and make sure to join us at lasting memories
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh that is a cool layout Haven and love the interpretation of the sketch you used too :) The addition of the table place card is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you used the table place card in your layout...such a fabulous way to use the keepsake. Amazing layout!!!

    ReplyDelete