Friday, October 28, 2016

Carving Party at Use your Stuff

Back with another couple of  challenges for you.

It's a free week for the Design Team at Use Your Stuff but some of us want to show you our spooky creations for a fun theme of HALLOWEEN.
 
 I was inspired by the following TSR challenges
 freaky fast  Friday formula and the whip it up  Wednesday challenge
 
 
 
I used orange mist on the print patterned paper.  You can kind of see it poking out on the top and bottom of the strip.  The best of it got covered by the photo as I misted prior to laying out the papers and photos.  That's okay as I like how the cuts from the freaky fast formula came together.
I thought about not using the black web looking paper twice, but I wasn't crazy about how the reverse side looked with the photo mated on it.  I'm glad when I cut my 12 inch strip that I didn't cut the pumpkins on the reverse side as I fussy cut around the happy girl faced pumpkin to have 3 pumpkin elements to spread across the layout.
 
Still have a bit more of the kit left and will have to figure out what to do with it as we don't have many Halloween photos left and the kids are getting older.  This year we are going to sit at home, watch a movie and eat candy, skipping the predicted down pour and not imposing on our friends in town

Make sure to pop on over to Use your stuff for some more Halloween inspiration.  I'm posting a bit early as I didn't want to miss out on the TSR challenges

1 comment: