Monday, December 31, 2012

Leibster Award and some fun facts about me


 

 I received a comment on one of my blog post saying a fellow blogger, Chas, had nominated me for a Liebster Award. It's an award that you pass on to a a fellow blogger that you like and enjoy reading their posts. The whole point of this is to let someone know that you like their writing, get to know them better, and then pass the torch on to others that you, yourself, like. I've been nominated for this award before, but this is the first time that it had fun questions attached so I thought I'd share some fun stuff about me and pass this along, but not to as many as 11.  Since I've done this before it gets harder to pass it along again, unless I really start hunting for more and new blogs to follow.  So with that said I'm going to pass this along to a few of the newer ones I'm following. For those of you that I end up sending this Liebster Award to here are the rules!

The Rules:

1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the tagger has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 special bloggers to tag & award with the Liebster award
5. These bloggers must be told in a comment on their blog

Here are 11 things about me:

1.  I have 4 children- Ashley 13, Jessica 10, Danielle 7, Eric 4
2.  I live in beautiful Pacific northwest
3. I teach water exercise to seniors
4. I'm a military brat and have lived in or traveled through most of the US
5.  If I wouldn't gain weight I'd eat nothing but cheesecake and chocolate
6. My big toe hates me
7. My favorite drink is hot green tea
8.  I don't have time to read books
9.  I really like Halloween
10. I don't do anything close to what I majored in ( environmental conservation and geography)
11.I sometimes think that I can breathe underwater



Here are Chas' questions:
1. What is your favorite restaurant?
I don't have one.  My girlfriends and I make it a point to go somewhere new each time we go out

2. How many ink pads do you own?
13 CTMH that are about 10yrs old,  4 that I inherited, 1 Tim Holt walnut distress, 4 random small pads that I'm not sure where they came from and 6 CM mini chalk ink pads =28 total

3.What is your favorite scent of body lotion? I don't use body lotion on a day to day bases , but when I'm  dry I'll use some coconut oil that we buy by the gallon.
4. Who would like to meet that is dead? Not sure

5. What is your favorite sports team? Oregon Ducks- married an OMB ( Oregon marching band) alumni

6. Do you do any volunteer work? Yes, I'm a girl scout leader, Service unit treasurer, Su camporee registrar and canoe person for all things GS, plus I'm on the SU hiking patrol as the first aid person (working on up grading to wilderness first aider soon)

7. How many pets do you have?  Chocolate bubblegum princess biscuit runner is our blue healer/ neighbor sneaky dog mix (mute),  Midnight (as in black as) is our rescued barn kitten that's now a year old and then there's the 10 chicken which don't have names
8. Do you ever fart and blame it on the children  or pets?  No I'm the silent deadly type that let it go and walk away

9. How did you first start scrap booking?  my husbands cousin was a creative memories consultant

10. What is your favorite scrapbook company? I'm not partial. Anything that I like/ catches my eye and is kind of cheap.  On a budget

11. Name one place you would love to visit on vacation?  No kids vacation- somewhere tropical and warm.  With kids any where with a roller coaster
Here are my nominees: 

Shaunagh http://artjournallingscrapbooking1.blogspot.com/
Melissa http://iamapapermaniac.blogspot.com/
Crystal http://sistersofthecraftersguild.blogspot.com/
Toni http://toniherron.aussieblogs.com.au/
Stacey http://stampinpad.blogspot.com/

Here are my questions for you.

1.What's your favorite food?
2. When did you start scrapping?
3. What famous person would you want to be?
4. Do you have a job outside of the home?
5.What was your major in college?
6.favorite scrap technique?
7. Scrap tool you couldn't live without?
8. Favorite season?
9.Dream house would be?
10.Do you play well with others?
11.  Most creative project you did in 2012?

3 comments:

  1. Learned something new about you today. Did not know you are a scout. I help out in my daughter's cadette troop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a troop of 30 girls daisy to cadettes. This is my 6 th year as a leader

      Delete
  2. Wow.. Thank you so much Haven for choosing me to pass this on to! I feel very honoured!
    And holy doly, there seems to be alot of rules to go with it.. I'll try my best! Thanks, Toni.. xoxo

    ReplyDelete