Friday, December 28, 2012

Idea's Journal


I've been collecting inspirational ideas, sketches and what not for a while now.
A few years back I bought a standard artist notebook 6 X 9.5 inches that I have used as an idea journal .  Well, with all the smash books and mini albums I've seen lately I thought it was time to updated/ beautify my journal.  I covered the front and inside cover with my new Heidi Grace collection and a bit of stuff from my stash ( ribbon, brad, paper clip, heart punch and acetate pocket)

I've gone through it and removed ideas and sketches that I no longer fancy
 and of course added new ones to take there place, but the most significant up grade is the acetate pocket inside the front cover.  I used to just shove the inspiration pieces under the paper clip on the front cover till I had time to put it in the proper place.  Sometimes I'd lose it or it would get wrinkled or damaged .
Now I shouldn't have a problem with that.

So this is my new and improved cover.  No doubt about what's inside
and now that it's so pretty I might just leave it out on my desk this year for a quick bit of inspiration

The color tabs divide sketches by number of photos.
Red=1, orange=2, yellow=3, green=4, light blue=5 to 6,dark blue=7 plus,
 purple = challenges, ideas for punches I own and whatever else I find inspiring
The tabs are paper from my stash that I punched into tags and  folded in half, then stapled to the page.

I used the same paper on the inside and have the top edge of the pocket covered with paper to make it easy to find.  The little heart attached to the pocket hides the end of the paper strip as there wasn't enough scrap to make it to the end.  Love that the pocket is clear so I can see the stuff inside it

here's a peak inside of my journal.  As you can see I have layouts from magazines and catalogs along with sketches I've found online and in blog land.  I also write my self notes

The best part about this book is that I can take it along with me to crops for instant inspiration.
That's the plan for this year anyway


I'm going to link this project to Use it Tuesday, even though I've done a DT project I thought this would be a great addition because I know I'll be using it a lot more in the New Year


5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this idea haven!!! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been Liebster Blog Award.

    http://scrapinlizards.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-blog.html

    Chas ~ CPC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool Haven! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete