Monday, July 23, 2012

Lasting memories Black and White

This weeks challenge over at lasting memories is to use Black and White with a splash of color. Whether you use a black and white photo or paper, we want to see mostly black and white with just a splash of color.

I knowyou've already seen this post, but keep reading as I have another LO to share.
This one isn't quit black and white, but it's close.  I used a monochromatic Navy blue scheme. 
The photo is of my dad from the mid 40's.  Not quit B+W, not sepia either.
I choose to use the denim background because of the overalls he is wearing.  Can't imagine that they would be any other color then the dark navy.  We're talking 1940's no one did fancy color overalls back then.  The rest of the pp was picked based on the denim.  The gingham and stars is all from my stash of creative memories papers that I got way back when I first started scrapping. 

I got my inspiration from the sketch below:
And I used the Bingo
straight across the middle
Ribbon, Banner,Buttons
Here's a close up of the photo of my dad.
I matted the banner strips on white so they would pop of the background.
The red ribbon is the backside of a Christmas ribbon. I like that it was only printed on one side so I can get more use out of it.    
 The buttons are super old stash.  Can't even remember where they came from and I had to spray paint the white ones, they were cream to start with. A little red embroidery floss and there you have it.

I hope you can join us this week at lasting memories


5 comments:

  1. Haven this is awesome! What a special photo you have and the papers are perfect for it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I think I have a picture like that from the 50's of me. I love the way you did the little banners hanging and the rosette. The pops of red are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a fantastic idea!!
    Great layout and love the "classic" theme feel of the page!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite layouts of yours! I really like this one!!

    ReplyDelete