Sunday, February 7, 2021

Kill a kit part #2

 I feel like this kit must be a double kit or was added to as it had five sheets of card stock and 4 patterned papers plus the sticker sheet and die-cut embellishments.  I’ll have to check the kit tag.  I did a lot of combining duplicate kits when I inherited my friend Mary’s paper stash.  We both subscribed to the scrap room kit club.  Anyway I’m getting closer to finishing it off as I made another layout and two cards

I used another sketch from Scrapbook generation but altered it by rotating the orientation and reducing the number of photos.  I also gave mixed media a try.  I really struggled with the gesso application as my brush was losing bristles into the medium.  Ended up scraping most of it off so I didn't get very even or thick coverage.
On the plus side, I picked up a silicon brush at Hobby lobby today. 

I  made two cards in an effort to use more of my stash

And this is what I have left.  

Just a happy coincidence but Lasting Memories current challenge is to get painty.
I used gesso on the background and then painted on shimmerz "taupe of the mornin' vibez and Old yeller inklingz".  I also splattered "seas the day "vibez and white acrylic paint on the background





3 comments:

  1. Love your painted background beautiful layout. Thanks for joining us this week at Lasting Memories. Design Team member Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you've given mixed media a go. And hey, bristles just add texture! Thanks for joining as at Lasting Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your embellishing and great work with the mixed media! Thanks so much for joining us at Lasting Memories! ~Deanna :)

    ReplyDelete