Sunday, April 21, 2013

Inspired by a quote

This weeks challenge at lasting memories is inspired by a quote. 

I'm not one to use quote that often so I really struggled with this one.  Fortunately I have been trying to get the girls in our troop to be more involved in the planning of meetings, so as I was flipping through the hand book to make a copy for the upcoming meeting I stumbled onto this quote.

" Here are ideas
for your mind
new projects
for your hands
new adventures
for your souls"
Cadette Girl scout handbook 1963



After I landed on the quote the rest of the layout came easy as I used Creative scrapper vol 2 sketch book, you can also find it at Creative scrappers as it's this months challenge sketch.

I rotated the sketch to work for my photos. Yes photos.  I know the sketch only uses one but I added an extra in place of the circle element.  I really like that I got an action shoot of my daughter finishing up a bit of the lashing on  the table structure.

For this layout I started with selecting a card stock color to pull my daughter from the photo.  Thought about going with pink, but she's really not a girly kind of girl so I went with the teal blue of her bandanna.  The second color choice was easy because I knew I wanted it to be brown to play off all of the poles in the lashed structure.  For the final color choice for the supporting elements/ embellishment I pulled the peachy color from the background paper.

 I also broke into my stash for my  star punches.  I'm trying to dip into my stuff to use it more often. 
 As much as I love my cricut I find I'm using it less as I dive into my stash. 
Of course I had to dress up the stars with a little hand drawn lines around the edges


I think I might have to get a sew easy paper piercer.  I made a template with my friends using the straight line.  Love how easy it is to use.  Totally want one

Hope that you'll join in this weeks challenge at lasting memories

5 comments:

  1. such a stunning layout..I love how the blue just pops off the page...and I love the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a TERRIFIC job you did with the sketch! Love the blue colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awsome Haven! Love the stitching. Great take on the sketch.
    Tanti :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome LO! Love the pops of blue. I love the stitching around the main photo and adding the lines to the stars. I always forget that photos don't always have to be square. I will have to try using circle photos sometimes. Thanks for the reminder.
    ClaireR -LMDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love the circle elements to your layout! The quote is perfect! Fabby job.....
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete