Monday, July 11, 2016

frosty fun

If you are looking for my Sunday Lasting Memories DT reveal for you can find the snakes and ladders here.  You can also find last weeks marble inspired blog hop here too.

I'm working my way through the last of my 2013 photos. 
I used one half of a two page layout sketch from Stick it down for this layout.

I felt that the flags and banners were too summery for this layout, so I went with just the right side and moved the title over to make it all come together.
 
I created my own background paper by rubbing and tapping the textured white cardstock with light blue chalk ink.  Kind of has that fluffy feel like the snow.

I also altered the title as it had a frame around it that was a kind of fancy scroll.
To much scroll for all of the linear elements to blend well. 
I softened the overall feel by doodling with white pen.
 
Thanks for taking a look


7 comments:

  1. Such a fun layout. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty page!! LOVE the title work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting take on the sketch! I like the way you did your title. Thanks for creating with us at SID!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have used the sketch!
    Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down - see you again next month!
    Laura
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for using the sketch. Really like how the title pops on the page. Thanks so much for joining us at Stick It Down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on being featured for the double with this lovely layout :) Thanks so much for joining us over at Stick It Down
    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely page! Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

    ReplyDelete