Sunday, June 2, 2013

leather and lace at lasting memories

This weeks challenge is leather and lace.
  I took it quit literally and used black patten leather and lace on my layout, but you could do a layout with a mix of feminine and masculine elements.
 How you interpret the challenge is up to you. 
 Here's what I did  with this sketch from Pamela's world of scrap's

I started by rotating the sketch to suit my photos
Then I add the  leather elements from a broken head band.
love being able to repurpose old items
 

All the papers are CTMH that have been in my stash for over 8 years old
the brads are probably that old too.  Trying to get back on track with using up my stash.


I just realized that my bottom picture on the layout is also a perfect example of the leather and lace feel because you have me in the black and Shannon in the gray sandwiching Kristy and April in the lighter feminine colors.  I guess that's another way to look at the challenge too


Hope you'll join us at lasting memories
I'm also entering this over at Use it Tuesday for anything goes
and
Pamela's world of scrap's sketch challenge

8 comments:

  1. Oh Haven what a clever idea to repurpose the headband! I love the pink and green combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome take on that sketch!!! I would never have thought to flip it like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny realization. I really like that white lace you used, and how you flipped the sketch to make it work for your photos. Thanks for sharing your layout with us at Use It Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great layout! I love the colors on this!
    Thanks for joining our AG challenge at Use it Tuesday this week.
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your layout and take on the sketch. How cool that you repurposed old headband pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great idea using an old headband for the leather element, smart lady!
    I love how the LO turned out and that you put the sketch on its side...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great version of the sketch!

    ReplyDelete